SmartRPA Kapow robot development is done in Design Studio, a fully integrated, visual development environment for building, testing and deployment of software robots. A powerful point-and-click – drag-and-drop workflow editor enables you to seamlessly generate workflows that embed the actions, rules and exceptions in the process you want to automate. As you create a workflow you at the same navigate the live applications and documents which mean that you build and test simultaneously. This deliver industry leading speed in development, testing and maintenance of robots.
Design Studio is data format aware which mean you navigate data and application in its native format whether being a web portal, a Windows thick client, a 3270 mainfram app, an Excel document, a REST/SOAP web service or documents in PDF, CSV, XML and JSON format.
You can login to any application, extract data from any part of a page, enter data into forms or search boxes, make menu selections, and scroll through multiple pages. Once built, robots are deployed to a shared project repository in the web based Management Console. From here, they can be scheduled for batch-execution on a cluster of executed on-demand via an automatically generated REST or SOAP web service.
The built-in debugger allow you to test your robot with multiple input data, set break-points and step through your workflow to check if it behaves as desired. If an error happens in production the debugger will jump directly to the position in the workflow that caused the problem and visually show exactly what went wrong. The result is industry leading speed of development and maintenance of robots.
Design Studio features
- Unique execute-as-you-develop which deliver fast real-time robot development and testing
- Fast location of an error to shorten downtime
- Development of reusable components to be shared at company and department level
- Support for handling exception to be forwarded for human processing
- One-click deployment of robot
- Work with multiple projects and deployment environment (test, staging, production)
- Roles based rights management per project and deployment environment
- Hide of application credentials for unauthorized robot developers